Post by nterry »

I want to be able to embed AGNITAS tags in a service email. I tried:

Code: Select all

Got a new User:

Email:  [agnEMAIL]
First Name: [agnFIRSTNAME]
Last Name: [agnLASTNAME]
Phone: [agnDB column="PHONE"]
But the tags did not get converted. How do I do this?
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: How to embed tags in Service Email

Post by maschoff »

Service mails opposed to date and event triggered mailings do not support tags.
OpenEMM Maintainer
nterry

Post by nterry »

Does anyone have a work around for this? I want to be able to send an email to a specific email for processing every time I get a list registration.

It seems a requirement that others may have. Maybe I am missing something obvious. Any ideas?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

It would be helpful if you would describe your use case a little bit more detailed.
OpenEMM Maintainer
nterry

Post by nterry »

OK. Here is a little more detail.

When a recipient registers for a mailinglist, I need to add them to a second independent system. That second system has a way of receiving an email containing information about a recipient, parsing the email and adding them to that second system. So my requirement is that when a recipient registers, I want to send an email (a service email) to a defined address but I need to be able to dynamically generate the content of that service email to contain full detail about the recipient. Having the ability to use Tags in the service email would solve this requirement.

I can also imagine other situations where this would be useful. Consider a situation where a recipient registers for a mailing where part of the offer is that they will be called by a third party with no access to OpenEMM. For example as a Real Estate Agent, I might want to notify a Mortgage Lender that the recipient has requested a call from a lender. Sending an email asking for immediate attention.

Another case would be that I want one of my assistants to receive an email whenever a recipient registers so that something could be manually actioned, for example sending a printed brochure, calling to confirm some action.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You may use the Action Script feature to write individual data into your servicemail. Just append action "send service mail" to your subscription registration form in OpenEMM, fill the header fields "to" and "subject" with your data and insert the mail content in fields "text version" and "HTML version".

Now the magic: If you want to show data from the form in the mail content use script

$requestParameters.EMAIL
(replace EMAIL with the data field you want to show). If you do not want to show a placeholder in case the data field is empty add an exclamation mark like this

$!requestParameters.LASTNAME
If you want to show additional profile data from the database you have to insert action "load recipient data" before the servicemail action. Now you may use data from the customerData object like

$customerData.EMAIL
$!customerData.Lastname $!customerData.FIRSTNAME
OpenEMM Maintainer
nterry

Post by nterry »

Thanks. That sounds exactly what I need, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. Probably because I really don't understand the scripting. This is my action:
and here is the email I receive:
Substitution does not seem to be occurring
nterry

Post by nterry »

Just in case you need it, here is the action, which comes from the link in the opt-in email:
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

How is this action triggered, by a link or by a form? If not by a form, you do not have the form data in the request and you have to use action "load recpient data" and the customerData object.
OpenEMM Maintainer
nterry

Post by nterry »

That was it. That action is triggered from a link in the opt-in email. Using the $customerData.EMAIL method works fine :D

Thanks.