duplicate records in recipient list

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

phil

duplicate records in recipient list

Post by phil »

Hi,
We have a problem with duplicate records in Openemm 2013.

If we manually add a recipient which is already in the recipient list, we don't get any message that the email already exists. The system creates a duplicate record.
I added a UNIQUE-Index for email. That solves the problem of duplicate records, but the user doesn't get any error message.

Is there any other solution?

Phil
phil

Re: duplicate records in recipient list

Post by phil »

Hi,
the problem stil presists.

I just checked if I can reproduce the problem within OpenEMM Demo system (http://demo.openemm.org:8080):
I created a new recipient via the backend test@testme.com and each time I repeated this step the system created another duplicate record for test@testme.com.

Could you please check If this is a bug or a feature?

Phil
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

It is neither a bug nor a feature, it is just the way OpenEMM works. If you want to change an existing profile, you should search for it via the filter settings and edit it (icon at the right).
OpenEMM Maintainer
phil

Post by phil »

Hi,
In our case we manage a few "invited only"-lists (~1000 recipients per list) manually via the backend.

I think it would be helpful if a hint would be displayed that this recipient already exists. (in case you tried to add an address that already exists in the db)

In my opinion it makes no sense to have an email address more than one time in the database.

Phil
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

In my opinion it makes no sense to have an email address more than one time in the database.
I personally agree with you but we have users of the commercial version (which is based on OpenEMM) who insist on it (like family members sharing the same email address).
OpenEMM Maintainer