How can I pause or stop the mailings when it sending?

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

baibai

How can I pause or stop the mailings when it sending?

Post by baibai »

Hi,

It is my situation:
I have a campaign with 1,650K+ recipients in a list, but the sending speed is too slow, it has only sent 259,000 mails in 34hrs.
In my expect, I have set the "block=3,500" and "stepping (minutes)=1" (it's mean 3,500 mails per minute right?) and wish it could reach.
The system was a virtual machine in Amazon EC2 with 2 vCPU, 1.8GB memory and 8GB storage.
When I monitor the system resource, the CPU only average 25% in used, storage still has 3GB+ free, but memory was running out.
So I planning to increase the memory to 4GB or bigger and tuning Sendmail & MySQL in the same time.

But my concern is:
How can I do to the sending mailing job?
Can I pause or stop it and restart from the last point when it stopped?
Or I can just stop the OpenEMM, Sendmail and MySQL services directly and restart them?

Any advice are welcome!!
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: How can I pause or stop the mailings when it sending?

Post by maschoff »

You can control the speed of sending with blocksize and stepping. If you stop OpenEMM and start it later, the recovery script of OpenEMM takes care that any pending mails are sent.
OpenEMM Maintainer
baibai

Re: How can I pause or stop the mailings when it sending?

Post by baibai »

Got it, thanks!!
Now I can just "openemm.sh stop" and tuning something (Sendmail or MySQL), then "openemm.sh start" to try.

BTW, seems if we wish the system can works like "blocksize" and "stepping" set, the firs thing is " the system must be tuned".
In my case, it can't works as my expectation.