[Solved] Save Link-Parameter during subscription

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Fatalin

[Solved] Save Link-Parameter during subscription

Post by Fatalin »

Hi,

I am looking for a way to save a parameter, that came via the subscribe link, in a profile field.

Background:
We have promotion activities with different partners. The promo's may be identical, but the partner name is different.
In order to know through which partner a registration came from, we store the partners name in a profile field.

Now, if we do a campaign with 3 partners we would generate 3 forms for the first step of the DOI process, while use the same forms, actions and mailings for the second and third steps.

Howeber, I am looking for a way to use only one subscription form and pass the partners name via a link parameter.
(Example: ....com:8080/form.do?agnCI=1&agnFN=registration_form&partnername=test )

Does anyone know a way how I can save a link parameter in the users profile during the DOI process?

Alternatively, do you know any other way to use only 1 form for the first step?

Thanks a lot.
Best Regards
Markus
Last edited by Fatalin on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de
Hofmann M.

Re: Save Link-Parameter during subscription

Post by Hofmann M. »

Hello,

there is a easy way to insert the information "partnername=test" into your OEMM-database.

In the registration form you only need a hidden field with the same name like the database-field.
(for your exapmle i think its "partnername", the same like your parameter)

Code: Select all

<input type="hidden" name="partnername" value="$!requestParameters.partnername">
This work with the EMM-Forms.
Please try it.

Greetings Markus
Fatalin

[SOLVED] Re: Save Link-Parameter during subscription

Post by Fatalin »

Hello Markus,

Thank you a lot - it works!
My original mistake was that I tried to pass a parameter that was not defined in the database. Once I change the variable/parameter name to the database variable name, everything work fine.

Best Regards
Markus
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de