en_doi_confirm does not send confirmation email

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

posbis

en_doi_confirm does not send confirmation email

Post by posbis »

Hi

What I want to do is to give users a simple way to register for our mailing list (ID = 3). So I changed agnMAILINGLIST in "en_doi" to 3 (value ="3").

Then I call the link

http://newsletter.ourdomain.com/form.do ... nFN=en_doi

fill in the fields (Firstname,Lastname, email, ...) and press send.

The page changes and says that the data has been saved successfully.

The problem is that I never get a confirmation email. I can see the recipient in OpenEMM and its status of "Waiting for confirmation"...
But the user cannot confirm if he doesn't get the email.

OpenEMM 6.2 is working fine so far, means mailings work great. The system is configured to use a "smarthost" by using the internal sendmail (exim4).
I as well can send an email from the linux prompt (mail -s Test .... ) and it arrives within seconds.

But the confirmation emails get stuck. I as well checked with tcpdump (tcpdump -i eth0 host .......) to see if there is traffic to our smarthost.
No traffic...

I did not link this to any action based mail. I just want users to be able to register for the given mailing list (ID=3).
If I use "en_soi" instead of "en_doi" the recipient gets registered and all is fine with the exception of lack of security/confirmation.

Any idea why the email is not sent ???
Regards,
Oliver
Fatalin

Re: en_doi_confirm does not send confirmation email

Post by Fatalin »

Hi,
I did not link this to any action based mail. I just want users to be able to register for the given mailing list (ID=3). If I use "en_soi" instead of "en_doi" the recipient gets registered and all is fine with the exception of lack of security/confirmation.
1.) The double-optin (DOI) process requires that an email with an activation link is send to the user. Therefore you must link the DOI process to the relevant action based mailing.

2.) If you change the mailinglist number in the DOI process then all associated action based mailings must be send to the same mailinglist. If the subscription form (setp 1) and the confirmation mailing are in different mailing lists, no confirmation mail will be send.

3.) If the activation mail is not active (=> Send page of the mailing => activate), then no mailing will be send.

Check the above and let us know if you could solve your problem.

Best Regards
Markus
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de