OpenEMM Gmail and Hotmail

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

jcc123

OpenEMM Gmail and Hotmail

Post by jcc123 »

Does anyone know why emails sent to gmail and hotmail accounts are not received? Other emails go out fine. Thanks in advanced.
Fatalin

Re: OpenEMM Gmail and Hotmail

Post by Fatalin »

Hi,

There is a million possible reasons.

Since you did not provide further information, the most likely problems may be:

- Your IP or sender email has been black-listed
- Your E-Mails are considered SPAM by the receiving mail server and placed automatically in the users SPAM folder (which most users don't bother to look at)
- You did not implement a propper SPF Entry on your domain
- You did not implement a propper bounce management in your mailing system and have send to many mails to not existing recipients at Gmail/Hotmail and thus Gmail/Hotmail consider you a Spammer - regardless of the mailing content
- Too many recipients have marked your emails as "SPAM", resulting in an elevation of your IPs SPAM level and a server-site SPAM filtering.
- Problems with your DKIM implementation

You must contact the postmaster of Gmail / Hotmail for a specific reason of your mail problems.
It is also helpful to read the postmaster guidelines to see if you do something they don't like.

Best Regards
Markus
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de
anbelly

Post by anbelly »

How do i find my Hotmail username through my alternate email? I forgot the Hotmail id i created a long time ago but i still know the password and the alternate email i used. But how do i recover the id?

Post by unhuman »

Some services do a reverse lookup to ensure mail comes from where you say it's coming from (hotmail does this) so if you're just running a mailserver that (perhaps IP?) doesn't match - they assume you're just running a spam operation.
riarhymes

Post by riarhymes »

I am also having problems with this one.
mokarram

Post by mokarram »

Why dont you look at maillog and see what those servers are saying. I know that this week I have been able to send ok but then some ISP have considered my testing of sendmail a possible spam operation and blacklisted my dynamic ip.

Heres an example from yahoo:

Jan 25 11:18:28 localhost postfix/smtp[32207]: 4F42F2C517: to=<XXXX@yahoo.com>, relay=mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[66.94.237.64]:25, delay=469, delays=467/0.01/2/0, dsn=4.7.1, status=deferred (host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[66.94.237.64] refused to talk to me: 553 5.7.1 [BL21] Connections will not be accepted from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, because the ip is in Spamhaus's list; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/550-bl23.html)