Problem with Heatmap

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

lord_alan

Problem with Heatmap

Post by lord_alan »

Hi,

For sometime now I have not been able to get the Heatmap to display. I get the following error shown in the browser:

http://twitpic.com/1xrum8/full

Any suggestions as to where to look to configure it? Presumably the iFrame is looking at the wrong URL...

TIA

Al
The Way Out Is Open.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Check the URL for property ecs.server.url in file emm.properties. It should be the same as the URL for property system.url (and do not forget port 8080).
OpenEMM Maintainer
hirad

Problem with heatmap JDBC

Post by hirad »

Hello

I have the following configuration
RHEL 5
Java 1.6.22
Openemm 6.1
Using without sendmail.
everthing works fine I have only one problem. When I click on heatmap i get an jdbc connection error.
An error occurred
Cause: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.

I searched the Internet but I found nothing which fitts in my situation.
in emm.propirties I have the following settings for the database: i puuted out the database connection satrings couse they should work because the rest of the Application can connect to the database

jdbc.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
jdbc.maxCount=30
jdbc.maxWait=10000
jdbc.validationQuery=SELECT 1 FROM DUAL

Any suggestions?

best regards
Hirad
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Property ecs.server.url is missing.
OpenEMM Maintainer
hirad

Post by hirad »

ma wrote:Property ecs.server.url is missing.
ecs.server.url is set in emm.properties to http://localhost:8080
ecs.server.url=http://localhost:8080
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Looks fine. Next step: Check your JNDI settings at the end of file web.xml. Should look like this (maybe you use a different db user and pw?):

Code: Select all

<database>
		<jndi-name>jdbc/EcsDB</jndi-name>
		<driver>
			<type>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</type>
			<url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/openemm?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&jdbcCompliantTruncation=false</url>
			<user>agnitas</user>
			<password>openemm</password>
		</driver>
	</database>
OpenEMM Maintainer
grandstream

@maschoff - Correct but not the issue.

Post by grandstream »

Hey, I had this same problem and I made the following changes to get it to work
Now maybe you figured this out already, I am new to OpenEMM but very experienced in tweaking code and debugging.
I in no way claim to be an expert but this should be *bumped* or something as this seems to be a very common problem.
First off , it helps to read the manuals but like most people we "don't need to fricken manuals!"

Okay so like was said before please check your settings
I see you know what file were talking about but in the interest of helping everyone here is a how to.

1) Relax I mean the hard part is over and now we will see heat maps from anywhere. 8)

2) Go to the physical terminal/workstation/server/computer , remote or physical ( or for the bamfs ssh to the box ).
Most every set up should be the same on these steps, correct me if I am wrong.

3) Obtain root/sudo/-s permissions.
This my be unnecessary , when in doubt just be root. I noticed my files were opening in read-only mode.
3a) Most people don't know this trick its common with most OSs. If you copy the file to your desktop , open it , your most likely not in read only.
So you make your changes and drag n drop the changed file into the correct folder, it asks "you sure" and saying yes gives you temp root access to change it.
3b) I am well aware that this isn't always the case it just a little tip as its far easier than running elevated editors etc.

4) If you are confused or don't know how to get root access google it!
Basically you need to launch a text editor that is running as admin that then will allow you to save changes.
4b) If you cant launch a elevated text editor there is always vi.

Tip - quickest way in my set up: open terminal , sudo -s , enter pass , vi (LOCATION OF FILE)

5) Edit the following files :
cms.properties
emm.properties

These can be found in the following location. X:/home/openemm/webapps/core/WEBINF/classes

6) Now replace any lines that say :
localhost:8080

7) This is where you would enter the proper link ie : http://166.70.120.xxx:8080
7b) NOTICE TO USERS - Again I am not an expert, I am new to open emm I have found I can get away without running dns on the server and keep functionality.
7c) So my advice here is to enter your correct domain and port ie : http://mycompany.org:8080
7d) There should only be 3 lines your changing !
system.url
ecs.server.url
cms.ccr.url

8) Save changes and reboot, again be sure the changes take before a reboot.

9) Test to see if heatmaps work again :D!

10) Share this simple less than 10 step tutorial with someone and feel smart!

Screenshots: