Module Types not saving, nothing in my list

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

brokenartist

Module Types not saving, nothing in my list

Post by brokenartist »

I am new to OpenEMM and I have installed it on my server and got everything set up and functioning and created a test template, imported csv file etc...but when I go to create a new module type (test module) it says "Changes Saved" and then up in the header it changes from "Module Types" to "Module Types: Test module" but when I go back to Module type list, it says "nothing found to display"....please help.
The Broken Artist
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

When you create the new module type do you already have another module type which you can base the new type on ("Select base content module type")?

Are you sure that your CMS database is set up correctly?

You can post your module type code here if you like so that I can try to replicate this issue.
OpenEMM Maintainer
brokenartist

Post by brokenartist »

ma wrote: When you create the new module type do you already have another module type which you can base the new type on ("Select base content module type")?

Are you sure that your CMS database is set up correctly?

You can post your module type code here if you like so that I can try to replicate this issue.
There is nothing in the drop down menu for base content, and by CMS database are you referring to say Joomla or something like that or the OpenEMM database? I'm very new to this and still a beginner/novice developer
The Broken Artist
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

I meant the CMS database of OpenEMM (see InstallGuide or README.txt).
OpenEMM Maintainer
brokenartist

Post by brokenartist »

In that case, yes it is set up. I have already created a test template and saved it and even sent a test email out and imported a csv file. Should there be a default module type loaded with the initial installation?
The Broken Artist
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

No, only when you use the CMS demo database instead of the empty CMS database.
OpenEMM Maintainer
OpenALB

Re: Module Types not saving, nothing in my list

Post by OpenALB »

brokenartist wrote:I am new to OpenEMM and I have installed it on my server and got everything set up and functioning and created a test template, imported csv file etc...but when I go to create a new module type (test module) it says "Changes Saved" and then up in the header it changes from "Module Types" to "Module Types: Test module" but when I go back to Module type list, it says "nothing found to display"....please help.
Here I've exactly the same problem. But I've even tryed to rename the demo database with name the of default database; so that the openemm use this, to (eventually) popolate the dropdown list, but without result of any sort; the problem is still there: blank base = not saving nothing. Thanks in advance.
OpenALB

Post by OpenALB »

BUMP!
frijj2k

Same problem here...

Post by frijj2k »

Same problem here...

Everything else is working just fine, templates, sending mail, actions etc but I cannot add anything in the Content Manager section... It says 'Saved Successfully' but then there is nothing.

I am using OpenEMM 6.0.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 64-Bit with clean SQL install (not Demo data).
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenALB, you sent me a totally empty dump. You have to set up the CMS database structure with file openemm_cms.sql first before you start working with the content manager. Please see install guide section 5.2 for details.
OpenEMM Maintainer