Unsubscribe via Website-Link instead of via Newsletter-Link

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Fatalin

Unsubscribe via Website-Link instead of via Newsletter-Link

Post by Fatalin »

Hi,

We are running OpenEMM 5.5.1 and are quite happy with it.
There is only on thing I can't get to work (and I am trying for hours already).

Unsubscribing a recipient via the link in the newsletter works fine.

Now I am trying to integrate the unscribe function on our website as well, so users can unsubscribe even without the link in the email.

Apparently the "user_get_data" action only loads user data based on a givven agnUID. How can I get the agnUID if I only have the email address of the receipient? With that I can just call the same unsubscribe form/action that I use for newsletter base unsubscribtion.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Markus
upstroke

Re: Unsubscribe via Website-Link instead of via Newsletter-L

Post by upstroke »

Hi Fatalin
It's been a while since you posted this question, but maybe you found a solution and you are more than welcome to share your solution with us :shock:

As far as I studied the handbook I know the following:
You can use a form on your website which asks for the receiptions email address.
The form than sends the email address to an OpenEMM form.

OK no problem so far the code could look like this where agnFN=unsubscribe is the form I need for matching the email addres to an agnUID :

Code: Select all

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"
action="http://youropenemmdomain.com:8080/form.do?agnCI=1&agnFN=unsubscribe&agnMAILINGLIST=1"  
name="newsletter_unsubscribe">
<label for="agnEMAIL">E-Mail</label>
<input type="text" value="" name="agnEMAIL">
<input type="submit" value="unsubscribe »">
</form>
On OpenEMM side I need a form that gets the mail form the former sended form and generates an unsubscribe mail with the matched agnUID from the given e-mail address.
In this you will than find a link to a form on my website that will show a confirmation form saying "yes unsubscribe me or no cancel".

So how does this form must look like that matches the email to an agnID an sends an confirmation mail afterwards?

THX
Fatalin

Post by Fatalin »

Hi Upstroke,

The only solution that we found is via Webservices. Yet we had some issues accessing the Webservices via PHP.
We are waiting for OpenEMM 2012, which has a new way to access the Webservices via PHP.

Markus
Günstige Software gibt es bei http://www.Software-Butler.de
Anton

Post by Anton »

Did anyone find a solution for this? It is definitely a best practice to allow this method of unsub and it would be great to be able to do it with the internal forms!
Thanks.
Anton

Post by Anton »

Wow, this turned out to be PAINFULLY simple! :-). The unsub message in the admin interface is even correct, which suggests to me this is all by design.
Basically, all you have to do is:

Code: Select all

<form action="form.do">
<input type="hidden" name="agnCI" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="agnFN" value="en_soo_confirm"> <!-- this is an form to say success or failure, just like in the en_soi_confirm example but MAKE SURE THE ACTION IS SUBSCRIBE AND NOT UNSUBSCRIBE -->
<input type="hidden" name="agnSUBSCRIBE" value="0"> <!-- the magic is here, 1 for subscribe, 0 for UNsubscribe -->
<input type="hidden" name="agnMAILINGLIST" value="1"> <!-- change this to the ID of the mailinglist you want to unsub from -->     
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">     
  <tr>
    <td><h1>UNSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER 1/2</h1>
	<p>We are very sorry to see you go!<br>
	Unsubscribe here:</p>
	<table border=0>
	<tr><td>eMail:</td>
	    <td><input type="text" name="EMAIL" style="width: 200px;"></td></tr>
	<tr><td colspan="2">&nbsp;</td></tr>
	<tr><td><input type="submit" value="Valider"></td>
	    <td><input type="reset" value="Annuler" onClick="javascript:history.back();"></td></tr>
	</table>         
	</td>                                 
  </tr>      
</table>
</form>
If this looks familiar, it was adapted directly from the English single opt-in subscribe example!
Cheers.