Blank screen when importing CSV file

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ericchaves

Blank screen when importing CSV file

Post by ericchaves »

Hi Folks,

I'm importing a CSV file with some recipients using an import profile that has worked before.

The problem I'm facing now is that, after uploading the file and checking the first records, when I click the "proceed" button I endup with a blank screen. No error is reported.

What could am I doing wrong? Also, is there a log file where I can check which any excpetion or error have occured?

Best regards,

Eric.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You will find the frontend log files in /home/openemm/webapps/core/log. If there is a bug, please post some more info here so that we can fix it. Thanks!
OpenEMM Maintainer
ericchaves

Post by ericchaves »

Hi Ma,

Thanks for the help. I guess I found the problem:

The CSV I'm importing has an <'> character in some field values which was breaking the SQL code. Does openEmm sanitize the CSV values prior to importing?

Best regards,

Eric.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

No.
OpenEMM Maintainer
BinaryCrash

Post by BinaryCrash »

I got the same problem but my import file has no ', -, ( or )

here is the log: (openemm 6.0.1)

Code: Select all

2010-01-19 18:47:40,428: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.agnitas - NewImportWizard action: 2
2010-01-19 18:47:40,428: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.agnitas - NewImportWizard action: 2
Hibernate: insert into datasource_description_tbl (company_id, sourcegroup_id, description, creation_date) values (?, ?, ?, ?)
Hibernate: select datasource_.change_date as change5_16_ from datasource_description_tbl datasource_ where datasource_.datasource_id=?
2010-01-19 18:47:40,432: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,435: WARN  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources - Overriding default FormSet definition.
2010-01-19 18:47:40,435: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,438: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,445: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,445: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,446: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,446: INFO  [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
2010-01-19 18:47:40,635: ERROR [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.agnitas - execute: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "600000000000"
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:461)
java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doValidate(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:280)
org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doParse(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:190)
org.agnitas.web.NewImportWizardAction.execute(NewImportWizardAction.java:174)
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:58)
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExecuteAction.execute(AbstractExecuteAction.java:67)
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:154)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

2010-01-19 18:47:40,635: ERROR [resin-tcp-connection-*:8080-7] org.agnitas - execute: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "600000000000"
java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:461)
java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doValidate(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:280)
org.agnitas.service.impl.NewImportWizardServiceImpl.doParse(NewImportWizardServiceImpl.java:190)
org.agnitas.web.NewImportWizardAction.execute(NewImportWizardAction.java:174)
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:58)
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExecuteAction.execute(AbstractExecuteAction.java:67)
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:154)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Value 600000000000 is too big for a number field. Please use smaller numbers or a String field instead.
OpenEMM Maintainer
BinaryCrash

Post by BinaryCrash »

I am not using 600000000000 anywhere. (i think)

I am trying to import a two column string like Name and Email.

CSV i am trying to import:

Nome	Email
A Wagner	wagnerggg@gmail.com
A Alexandre	alexandre@atma.com.br
Alexandre	alexandre@atmainterativa.com.br
Alexandre	alex80rp@gmail.com
The import profile is set to use TAB as field separator, no quotes and new lines are separated by line feed character only. (It worked on earlier versions of openemm) Chatset ISO 8859-1
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Please have a look at the log file. It states clearly that OpenEMM failed to import value 600000000000 as number:

BTW, I could import this value into my OpenEMM database (MySQL 5.0.x).
OpenEMM Maintainer
BinaryCrash

Post by BinaryCrash »

Yes i understand the log is saying that. What i don't understand is why that number if i don't have it in the csv file. Like i just posted.

I am using Portuguese language, dunno if it would mess things up.

Is there any other place in the files or DB i could get more clue to what is happening? Since the CSV file have no numbers as you see and the log keep telling there is a number somewhere.... too big.
mmenke

Post by mmenke »

Have you tried to import a smaller portion of the csv file? I mean, you could try to split the data into pieces and see if maybe the problem is just some data in one single line..

Could you maybe try to import just a few (dummy)lines? If the problem is still there, you could upload the csv, so one of us could try the import with another OpenEMM install.
BinaryCrash

Post by BinaryCrash »

mmenke wrote:Have you tried to import a smaller portion of the csv file? I mean, you could try to split the data into pieces and see if maybe the problem is just some data in one single line..

Could you maybe try to import just a few (dummy)lines? If the problem is still there, you could upload the csv, so one of us could try the import with another OpenEMM install.
Yes, ma asked my the csv file and i sent it. ma could import it without problems.

I think my installation is the problem or something else.
I was using the version 5, upgraded to 6.0 (replaced the files for fixes) and then used the auto upgrade to 6.0.1

It is just strange. The import profile is set to ignore duplicates. Maybe one record at the database is generating this error.

however i cannot identify what is wrong as the log is not very clear about where the error is happening.

Is there a way to setup a more detailed error reporting? For testing purposes.

thanks.
Daniel006

Post by Daniel006 »

I have had the same problem (Blank screen when importing CSV file)

I tried to import a csv file including old recipients (which were already in the OpenEMM DB) and some new ones (I wanted to be added)
--> blank screen, no output

However it turned out that one recipient was two times (with the same e-mail address) in my OpenEMM Database.

Importing the csv file without this recipient worked. (BUG ???)

My OpenEMM Version: 6.1
-----------------------------------------------
I added this recipient manually in the GUI of OpenEMM: "new recipient"
NOTHING warned me that this e-mail (/recipient) was still existing!
So this recipient was two times in the database and received two Newsletters! (AND the import Error occurred)

Is it possible to prevent a double entry without checking every new one by myself if it is already existing?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

We will publish a bugfix for the import wizard soon which should help. Please follow us on Twitter to get notification about availability of bugfixes.
OpenEMM Maintainer