understanding content-module behaviour

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

pheelix

understanding content-module behaviour

Post by pheelix »

i have read the manual belonging to the content-manager, but i still have a general question about the way the content-modules are meant to be.

in our company, the sales department creates the monthly newsletter as a text-document. when it's finished, they add it to openemm(, during the past with templates).
to make it more comfortable for them, i decided to divide the template into 6 modultypes and content-moduls.

with our own cm-template and these content-moduls, they can easily add the content-moduls to the mailings.

but, when you add a content-module to mailing A and modify it, you are taken back to the content-manager and the content-module-editor page to edit the 'general' module.
this means that you always edit the basic module.
so changes in mailing A will affect mailing B with the same module. (beside we don't change the mailing, but the module).

is this how the content-manager is meant to be?

i thought, it should be like you add a module to a mailing like a copy of the module which you can edit for this single mailing and which does not influence other mailings.

the only would it could work for us, would be to build the same content-modules for every mailing again with different names.
but i am sure that this is not who it is supposed to be.

tia
pheelix
pheelix

Post by pheelix »

a work-around for this, is to make a copy of the final-mailing.

and then the copy becomes static (the content-manager elements are converted to a template)
AndreP.

Re: understanding content-module behaviour

Post by AndreP. »

Hi there,

I´ve exactly the same problem - even copying the mailing (which I ever did so far) doesn´t help. When I get into the content of the mailing-copy it switches automatically in the content-manager where I´m overwriting the static content-modules and then the content of former mailings is no longer reachable by links ...can someone help me to get this fixed ?!
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: understanding content-module behaviour

Post by maschoff »

Could you please provide a little bit more detailed description (step-by-step, click path) so that we understand your problem exactly and can try to reproduce it?
OpenEMM Maintainer