Problems Importing from Excel

Use this forum for questions regarding adoption and functionality of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

bobby

Problems Importing from Excel

Post by bobby »

Hi, while I can successfully import contacts from a TSV text file, I'm unable to do so with a Excel file. What I'm trying to do is take a exported list of vCards as a PST file, from various people in our team and turn those into excel files to import into the OpenEMM database.

In doing so, I always get the following type of error, no matter what charset I use, etc:

<--SNIP-->
Step 3 of 7
Please map the columns fom the csv file
to the corresponding data base columns:

csv column db column
ðïࡱá����������������>��þÿ �������������������������þÿÿÿ����þÿÿÿ�������ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ���' íéà����á��°á����â���\�p���bob b��°a����=��œ���������������¯���¼���=��hk�Ÿbn*8������x@����Â
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

To import an Excel file into OpenEMM, you have to save it first using the *.csv format.
OpenEMM Maintainer