installation problems

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

suppenhuhn

installation problems

Post by suppenhuhn »

hi!

i tried serveral times to install open emm on our server due to the installation instructions on the openemm website installations.txt .

but starting the installer, following massage appears:

/[root@s16830545 tmp]# -bash: ./OpenEMM-Installer-v1.1.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

does anybody know what the problem could be ?

thank you,
robert
lord_alan

Do you have Bash?

Post by lord_alan »

Firstly do you actually have Bash on your system and is it the default shell? Many systems use "sh" which is not quite the same.

Also, the ^M is a bit worrying. That looks to me like you have Windows line termination characters in your scripts. I'm not sure if this will cause a problem but in unix system you do not need to terminate a line with CR+LF.

http://homepage.smc.edu/morgan_david/CS ... nators.htm

HTH

Alan
leeburstroghm

Post by leeburstroghm »

I have the exact same issue.

I look at the script in VIM and all looks ok. every line ending in $ with :set list

I was not however able to run any script in tmp. I had to move the script to my home dir. No scripts were allowed to run in my tmp dir.

Any help with this.?
bash: ./OpenEMM-Installer-1.2.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
reisubX

Post by reisubX »

leeburstroghm wrote:Any help with this.?
bash: ./OpenEMM-Installer-1.2.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Hi, It's because the script is in dos format. You must convert it to unix format with 'dos2unix'.
leeburstroghm

Post by leeburstroghm »

And if your installation does not have dos2unix, like mine.

then use the following

sed -i 's/\r//' filename

to remove the chars causing the script to fail