Please Help! Where is mailgun.ini?

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

buggyboy

Please Help! Where is mailgun.ini?

Post by buggyboy »

I must install openEMM with a specific system user which is NOT named openemm. This appears to be a major brainfuck. I already used grep and find and sed to replace every occurrence of /home/openemm I can find.

But to my utter astonishment there seems to be some more hard coded pathing in the java source itself, I have no other explanation.

This is in the stderror log:

DEBUG/init/(1/1/6/10): mailDir = /home/openemm/var/spool/ADMIN
DEBUG/init/(1/1/6/10): metaDir = /home/openemm/var/spool/META
DEBUG/init/(1/1/6/10): xmlBack = /home/openemm/bin/xmlback
DEBUG/init/(1/1/6/10): accLogfile = /home/openemm/var/spool/log/account.log

Of course, as these paths to not exist, openEMM does not work.

I finally dug the java source and found that it should be possible to change these paths using a file named "mailgun.ini" but this file is nowhere to be found in the binary or source package of openemm 5.5.1 and I cant find any example for it on the web, too!

I am really desperate for a solution, PLEASE if you have a hint or even a suggestion, please reply.

Edit: Yes, I have seen that mailgun options are in the emm.properties file, too. But they seem to be ignored because I already have set different paths there and they are not used at all.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

A file mailgun.ini no longer exists. You can find its parameters in file emm.properties in the last section.
OpenEMM Maintainer
buggyboy

Post by buggyboy »

ma wrote:A file mailgun.ini no longer exists. You can find its parameters in file emm.properties in the last section.
Sorry to have to ask this; I dont want to sound rude but...

have you read what I wrote or was it just the subject line?

The mailgun settings in emm.properties are being ignored. Have you ever tried to change the paths there and then tested if they are really being used afterwards? I have tried and it does not work.