Re-Installation - New System but old Database

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

TConnect

Re-Installation - New System but old Database

Post by TConnect »

Dear,

in the last days my computer crashed by a CPU or mainboard error but all data stored on HDD were correct. So I got a new copmuter, installed Apache, MySQL on a WinXP system. The install of OpenEMM was successful, I renamed the old database (openemm -> openemm_backup) and installed OpenEMM as a new system. After that I had two databases:

1. openemm (the new one, empty)
2. openemm_backup (the backup, with data)

Both databases where from version 5.5.1

Now I tried to rename the databases, so openemm_backup now named "openemm". Minding it is the same database-struckture but with data inside.

But now I have no login-page. Following the link in "If you want to log into the OpenEMM application on this server right away, please use this link." from the startpage I got HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

Is there any posibility to transfer the old data into the new database or replace it correctly?

Best regards
Tim
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The error message 500 of Apache Httpd or Resin does not indicate a database problem, but a problem with the configuration of Apache/Resin. You should check the Apache/Resin log for more information. BTW, did you open port 8080 in your firewall?
Last edited by maschoff on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenEMM Maintainer
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

My firewall is open, I can see the startpage. Isn't it a problem with OpenEMM? Because Apache runs on port 80, OpenEMM runs on port 8080. For testing I switched off my firewall. Same problems. And: bevore I changed the database-names it worked without any problems... Only changing the database-names indicates this problem.
Regards
TConnect
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Anyway, if OpenEMM can not connect to the database you should see a error page from Resin with a message like

Code: Select all

An error occurred

Cause:	javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0];
A 500 error does not indicate a problem with your database. You should really check your logs for further hints.
OpenEMM Maintainer
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

Yes, I know. But I think, that it should be possible to rename an exactly strucktured database from backup to the real name without an HTTP 500 internal error! Port 8080 will be used by D:\openemm\bin\httpd.exe and not by apache webserver. So the internal error only can be a result of openemm, that gets some problems after renaming the database.

It is a fact that OpenEMM runs correctly after a completly new install. Without errors. After renaming the backup-database to the name "openemm" it does not work. So where gets OpenEMM the problem?

There are some other things:
1. The startpage will be displayed correctly on http://www.mydomain.com:8080
2. I opened an old sent EMail with a redirect-link via OpenEMM displayed like this: http://www.mydomain.com:8080/r.html?uid ... k5xl486bbr
And it works!

Only the link to the login-page does not work:
http://www.mydomain.com:8080/logon.do?action=0

Where are the logfiles of OpenEMM?

Regards
TConnect
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

/home/openemm/var/log
OpenEMM Maintainer
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

Dear ma,

this seems to be a interesting exeption:

[05.11.2008 10:00:00] DEBUG/dbase: DB-Exec failed: com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException

STACKTRACE:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
at com.mysql.jdbc.util.ReadAheadInputStream.fill(ReadAheadInputStream.java:113)
at com.mysql.jdbc.util.ReadAheadInputStream.readFromUnderlyingStreamIfNecessary(ReadAheadInputStream.java:160)
at com.mysql.jdbc.util.ReadAheadInputStream.read(ReadAheadInputStream.java:188)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:1902)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:2351)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2862)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1571)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1666)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2988)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2917)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:824)
at org.agnitas.backend.DBase.execQuery(DBase.java:265)
at org.agnitas.backend.DBase.execQuery(DBase.java:282)
at org.agnitas.backend.DBase.simpleQuery(DBase.java:294)
at org.agnitas.backend.RulerImpl.checkDatabaseConnection(RulerImpl.java:130)
at org.agnitas.backend.RulerImpl.kickOff(RulerImpl.java:195)
at org.agnitas.backend.RulerImpl.kickOffSimple(RulerImpl.java:152)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor27.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:248)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:165)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:90)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **

Is this helpful?

Regards
TConnect
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

To me it looks like the JDBC driver has a problem with MySQL. Do you use the JDBC driver provided with OpenEMM? What version of MySQL do you use?
OpenEMM Maintainer
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

Dear,

I use MySQL 5. Bevore my computer was crashed ist worked fine, a re-install of MySQL was not nessesary, because it was on an other partition. So I installed OpenEMM 5.5.1 and only if I rename the database this error occures. If I use the new (empty) database, OpenEMM works fine!

--------------------------------------

This seems to be another exeption found in core_stdout (interesting: "Cannot find bean: emm.layout"):

[14:35:32.961]OpenrateServlet: init
Hibernate: select company0_.company_id as company1_1_, company0_.creator_company_id as creator2_1_, company0_.shortname as shortname1_, company0_.description as descript4_1_, company0_.xor_key as xor5_1_, company0_.rdir_domain as rdir6_1_, company0_.mailloop_domain as mailloop7_1_, company0_.status as status1_, company0_.mailtracking as mailtrac9_1_ from company_tbl company0_ where company0_.company_id=?
Hibernate: select emmlayout0_.layout_id as layout1_6_, emmlayout0_.company_id as company2_6_, emmlayout0_.header_url as header3_6_, emmlayout0_.footer_url as footer4_6_, emmlayout0_.base_url as base5_6_, emmlayout0_.normal_color as normal6_6_, emmlayout0_.highlight_color as highlight7_6_ from emm_layout_tbl emmlayout0_ where emmlayout0_.company_id=0 and emmlayout0_.layout_id=?
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean: "emm.layout" in scope: "request"
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:286)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at org.agnitas.web.filter.SerializeRequestFilter.doFilter(SerializeRequestFilter.java:29)
at org.agnitas.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:51)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:178)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:268)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:389)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:507)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:433)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean: "emm.layout" in scope: "request"
at com.caucho.jsp.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:1114)
at _jsp._logon__jsp._jspService(_logon__jsp.java:289)
at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:60)
at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:570)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilter(PageFilterChain.java:175)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFilter(DispatchFilterChain.java:115)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:277)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:106)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.PerformForward.handleAsForward(PerformForward.java:113)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.PerformForward.perform(PerformForward.java:96)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractPerformForward.execute(AbstractPerformForward.java:54)
at org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
at org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)
at org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
... 21 more
Caused by: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean: "emm.layout" in scope: "request"
at org.apache.struts.taglib.TagUtils.lookup(TagUtils.java:866)
at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.doStartTag(WriteTag.java:233)
at _jsp._logon__jsp._jspService(_logon__jsp.java:91)
... 36 more

----------------------------------------

Regards
TConnect
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

The later error message is just an aftereffect. Right now I am at a loss. Maybe one of our developers has an idea.
OpenEMM Maintainer
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

And? Do your developer have any Idea?
Regards TConnect
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Our suggestion:

1. Rename your database back to the original name

2. Dump it with mysqldump

3. Create a new database openemm

4. Read the dump into database openemm

Make sure that the jdbc.url entry in emm.properties is correct (default: jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/openemm)

BTW, how do you rename a MySQL database?
OpenEMM Maintainer
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

Dear Sirs,

the same problem. Executing "setup.bat" correctly and the system works fine. But when I import the openemm_dump.sql via "mysq openemm < mysql_dump.sql" ths login-page breaks down. The current error is:

An error occurred
Cause: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean: "emm.layout" in scope: "request"

Any Ideas? I need the working Database today! There is no more time for try and error. If we cannot solve the problems today I have to set the data as "lost" and work with an empty, new database.

Regards
TConnect
TConnect

Post by TConnect »

Hey,

openEMM seems to rename the row

jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/openemm

to

jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/openemm

by itself.

Regards
TConnect