URL access

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

nickw

URL access

Post by nickw »

Hello all,

After struggling for days to get this to install correctly, I finally have the application running, however I am unable to access the URL I entered in the "Change basic configuration" section. Neither HTTP and HTTPS before my FQDN work. A records and PTR records are made and are correct.

I am also unable to set the initial password for emm-master (Error while creating new initial password for user 'emm-master') no error logs are provided.

I have used the following guides to install this:
https://wiki.openemm.org/lib/exe/fetch. ... _1.0.1.pdf
https://wiki.openemm.org/lib/exe/fetch. ... _1.0.3.pdf

And am running: OpenEMM Version: 21.10.000.066
OpenEMM Runtime Version: 21.10.032

Also, is there supposed to be a user created named "console"? multiple scripts in /home/openemm/bin reference that user and keys are attempted to be made in their respective dirs...which do not exists and cannot be made. No where in the install guides, any of them, is there a mention of that user yet OMT.sh will call upon it...

I am at a complete dead end with this, any help would be wonderful.
nickw

Re: URL access

Post by nickw »

Am running Rocky Linux release 8.4 (Green Obsidian)
nickw

Post by nickw »

Have just installed and tried this again on Almalinux (was suggested on this post: viewtopic.php?t=7399) And still not working.

OpenEMM status:
Operating System (OS): AlmaLinux 8.4
Python version: 3.8.6
The database vendor mariadb is not supported by this python installation
Postfix Version: 3.5.8
Database client version: /usr/bin/mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.28-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
Database Connection: OK
System-Time: 2021-11-11 11:19:12
System-Time-DB: 2021-11-11 11:19:12
Database version: MariaDB 10.3.28-MariaDB
OpenEMM database structure exists (Version 21.10.170)
Database table emm_db_errorlog_tbl: OK
Jobqueue status: OK
DKIM keys available for domains: None
Java version: 1.8.0_312 (Oracle)
Tomcat version: 10.0.10.0
Tomcat-Native version: 1.2.24
Wkhtml version: wkhtmltopdf 0.12.6 (with patched qt)
OpenEMM Application is running (Tomcat ProcessID: 10037, started at: 11:17 0:10)
OpenEMM Backend ok: once
OpenEMM Backend stopped: mailout, update, trigger, generate, pickdist, slrtscn, direct-path, bav-update, bavd, bav
OpenEMM Backend running: mta, mlcontrol

I have tried with multiple versions of python, mysql, mariadb. I have also tried running with and without APR(versions 1.6/1.7) being installed. Still nothing.
nickw

Post by nickw »

If anyone reading does have this up and running, can you detail how you've done so? I've followed the guide(s) to the T, have installed the same versions of python, mariadb, tomcat, tomcat-native, APR from the examples used, and have got no closer to having this work.
nickw

Post by nickw »

I managed to get your .ova downloaded through your emailed link, although I had to request a few times, a lot of the emails came in with a blank link, or the link wouldn't work.