javax.servlet.ServletException after install openEMM

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

kevin861119

javax.servlet.ServletException after install openEMM

Post by kevin861119 »

hello to everybody, i just install openEMM in my SME server-manager but after i successful install and startup resin, than using browser to access openEMM, an error was show the following message:

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure due to underlying exception: ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.SocketException MESSAGE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused STACKTRACE: java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:156) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.(MysqlIO.java:284) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2555) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.(Connection.java:1485) at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:266) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:37) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:290) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:877) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:851) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:81) at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:417) at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:144) at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:105) at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.prepareQueryStatement(Loader.java:1561) at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:661) at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:224) at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2145) at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2029) at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2024) at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.list(QueryLoader.java:375) at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:308) at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:153)

any suggestion to solve this problem ?? thanks.
philip

Post by philip »

Hi Kevin!

I get similar exceptions. Did You find a solution?

Updating Java doesn't change anything. I looked at the database but user "agnitas" has permission to "openemm".

I'm rather clueless, too.. :-(

Code: Select all

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure due to underlying exception: ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.SocketException MESSAGE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused STACKTRACE: java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:156) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.(MysqlIO.java:284) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2555) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.(Connection.java:1485) at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:266) at 
edit:
@see http://www.openemm.org/forums/ftopic763.html
Did not solve the problem either in my case..

edit2:
Also binding adress to localhost in my.cnf like described in https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=848488 doesn't work.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM can not connect to the database. Is MySQL up and running? Did you create the database "openemm" and load it via "openemm.sql"? (Check with phpMyAdmin if the database looks okay.) Did you install the mysql-python module?
OpenEMM Maintainer
philip

Post by philip »

Yes, MySQL is running, and the database "openemm" exists with content from openemm.sql.

Maybe it's because I upgraded MySQL to version 5.0.45.

python-mysqldb is installed (and sendmail-disable.sh works perfectly).

I tried the newest JDK (6u6) but this didn't change anything.

Btw is it easily possible to downgrade MySQL on Debian again?
jmraz15

Post by jmraz15 »

i'm also having the same problem :(

anyone know a fix for this?
buggyboy

Problem confirmed

Post by buggyboy »

I have the very same problem. If I cant find a solution I will have to move on and use somthing else. Anyone who has an idea please reply. Thank you
churchill

My solution

Post by churchill »

You should create 2 databases and import corresponding sql script:
1. openemm_cms <-- openemm_cms.sql
2. openemm <-- openemm-6.X.sql

Hope it can help you!

Churchill
hamlylion

Post by hamlylion »

Hah))
Edit file /etc/my.cnf
find and commente out line skip-networking (restart mysqld) and openemm is working now

# Don't listen on a TCP/IP port at all. This can be a security enhancement,
# if all processes that need to connect to mysqld run on the same host.
# All interaction with mysqld must be made via Unix sockets or named pipes.
# Note that using this option without enabling named pipes on Windows
# (via the "enable-named-pipe" option) will render mysqld useless!
#.
skip-networking
philmills

Re: javax.servlet.ServletException after install openEMM

Post by philmills »

Thanks to hamlylion for pointing me in the right direction - i spent almost an entire day trying to solve this yesterday.

I'm using MySQL Server version: 5.1.62-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
skip-networking is depreciated, so you can't comment it out.
instead you can use:
bind-address = 0.0.0.0
bind-address was set to my lan IP previously

# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address = 0.0.0.0

There's a whole bunch of forum posts about being unable to login after install, and I'm sure this would fix the majority of them.

Can this be added to knowledge base or something?
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: javax.servlet.ServletException after install openEMM

Post by maschoff »

I think it is not the job of the OpenEMM install guide to teach users how to configure MySQL. But I will add a note that my.cnf might have to be configured if the MySQL instance does not run on the same server as OpenEMM. Thanks for your feedback!
OpenEMM Maintainer