Install OpenEMM 2019 on Debian

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

moechsner

Install OpenEMM 2019 on Debian

Post by moechsner »

Hy, is it possible to install the new OpenEMM on a Debian Server or only on a Centos 7/RedHat Server?
Thank you and best regards.

Michael
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Install OpenEMM 2019 on Debian

Post by maschoff »

We recommend to use VirtualBox.

As soon as the source code of the final version of OpenEMM 2019 is available, you can compile the backend code yourself. But some of the libs and packages needed by OpenEMM have different names with Debian.

We (developers) ourselves have managed to make OpenEMM work on Suse, but we have not tried with Debian or Ubuntu.
OpenEMM Maintainer
moechsner

Post by moechsner »

Thank you.

Ok, that means in the future it may be possible, with some changes, to run on debian.
do you know an approximate time when you open the source code for the final version?

So i will test it today with Centos, i made a new installation, whenn my other Programms run than i wil install your 2019, when not than i install debian and your 2015 and wait for the final.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Publishing of source code is planned for end of June. Then we will take care of Suse. After that - depending on demand - Debian/Ubuntu. No guarantee, of course.
OpenEMM Maintainer
moechsner

Post by moechsner »

Thank you