Windows user: Need advice

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

lydiaseals

Windows user: Need advice

Post by lydiaseals »

I currently use Windows and am unfamiliar with the programs required to use OpenEMM. If I download these programs, what will it change regarding my operating system? Any advice? I have a big learning curve ahead of me. Thanks! :?
Lydia Seals Graphics

Eat right, Stay fit, Die anyway:
Learn more about Life & Death,
Read the Bible
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Our tip: We just put online our first Windows version of OpenEMM (release candidate 1). Please wait for the final version and use it (installation is very easy, see http://www.openemm.org/fileadmin/docs/I ... -5.1.0.txt).
OpenEMM Maintainer
lydiaseals

Final Version of OpenEMM for Windows

Post by lydiaseals »

Thanks so much for the tip. You stated that I need to wait for the final version of OpenEMM for Windows is released. When is that due to take place?
Lydia Seals Graphics

Eat right, Stay fit, Die anyway:
Learn more about Life & Death,
Read the Bible
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Hopefully (if no big bugs show up) next week.
OpenEMM Maintainer
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

Well, I don't know if this is considered a "bug" or worse, but the direct email engine in OpenEMM fails to deliver messages. I have tried two versions already and similar bad results (they are postings all over the forum with similar issues). I have tried to get some support, but it seems to mirror the performance of the package.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You might want to check out this FAQ document:

http://www.openemm.org/faq/questions/25 ... recipients
OpenEMM Maintainer
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

I've got it working great on CentOS with sendmail. I set up a whole targeted email system where when the customer clicks in the first email, OpenEMM sends out follow-up emails based upon what was clicked in the original email. --- We could literally see the increase in traffic to www.carguygarage.com after we set it up; the referrer stats for the site showed the traffic from our email server spike up as people clicked over. The best part about the whole thing is you can set it up, and forget about it, and it just works away better than a full time marketing employee ever could.

We send well over a 100,000 emails a month with OpenEMM. It manages the bounces and everything. It takes a little time to get the ropes of it, but it's well worth the time.
OpenEMM Moderator
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

After battling with two Windows versions for over a week, it seems (according to the logs) that it gets rejected by many (major) providers like Comcast, Hotmail, etc.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

"Over a week" is a bit of a stretch since we published the software last Friday.
OpenEMM Maintainer
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

No stretch, I was working with VMware version.
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

sonificator wrote:After battling with two Windows versions for over a week, it seems (according to the logs) that it gets rejected by many (major) providers like Comcast, Hotmail, etc.
Sounds like a problem with the IP address you're sending the emails from. I've had servers in the past get blacklisted by Hotmail, etc, if they send too many emails out.
OpenEMM Moderator
sonificator

Post by sonificator »

nope, that's not the problem, have not been sending any mass emails out, not blocked