Compiling openemm 2015

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

RMBell

Compiling openemm 2015

Post by RMBell »

I have made progress on building OpenEMM 2015, but have run into the following error and can't seem to solve it. Here is a clip of the output.

Code: Select all

[exec] gcc '-DVERSION="OpenEMM 2015"' -I. -I../lib -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I../../../contrib/include/   -c -o xmlback.o xmlback.c
     [exec] gcc -L../../../contrib/lib append.o block.o blockmail.o blockspec.o codec.o convert.o count.o counter.o create.o data.o dcache.o dyn.o eval.o field.o fix.o generate.o links.o mailtype.o media.o misc.o modify.o none.o parse.o postfix.o preview.o rblock.o receiver.o replace.o sqllike.o tag.o tagpos.o url.o xmlback.o -o xmlback grammar/libgrammar.a -lslang -L../lib -lagn -lxml2 -ldl -lm
     [exec] ../../../contrib/lib/libslang.a(sldisply.o): In function `SLtt_tgetstr':
     [exec] /home/oe/src/OpenEMM-2015-src/backend/contrib/slang-1.4.9/src/sldisply.c:2095: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
     [exec] ../../../contrib/lib/libslang.a(sldisply.o): In function `SLtt_initialize':
     [exec] /home/oe/src/OpenEMM-2015-src/backend/contrib/slang-1.4.9/src/sldisply.c:2224: undefined reference to `tgetent'
     [exec] ../../../contrib/lib/libslang.a(sldisply.o): In function `SLtt_tgetflag':
Regards,
Richard
ud

Re: Compiling openemm 2015

Post by ud »

These functions are originally provide by the termcap library. The parts of SLang referencing these functions are not used in OpenEMM, so I'm a bit surprised, that these leads into a link error. You can try to find out which library provides these functions on your operating system and add them to LIBS entry in the GNUmakefile found in the xmlback directory. Typically one of these libraries should do the trick:
  • -ltermcap
  • -ltermlib
  • -lcurses
  • -lncurses
-- ud
RMBell

Post by RMBell »

Do I have to modify it in the tar file? The folder seems to get overwritten each time I compile.

Richard
RMBell

Post by RMBell »

Thanks for helping. I got it to compile by installing ncurses by:

apt-get install libncurses5-dev

Thanks for your help,
Richard
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Thank you for describing your solution. Could you please mention the Debian or Ubuntu version you use?
OpenEMM Maintainer