Question about /var/spool/ARCHIVE

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

blazh

Question about /var/spool/ARCHIVE

Post by blazh »

Hello!

After searching on this forum and then on Google, I was unable to find more specific description of:

/home/openemm/var/spool/ARCHIVE

directory and the necessity of it other than in this topic: Huge archive directory. On our OpenEMM 6.2 installation, it had growed quite big and I'm curious can the size of this directory be regulated from the config files?

If, on the other hand, this directory can be purged, can that be defined in config files also? Creating a script to run from cron that would check and purge directory if it gets too big is a bit unintuitive from the basic installation.

Thanx.

Igor Blazevic
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Question about /var/spool/ARCHIVE

Post by maschoff »

Directory ARCHIVE holds the XML files of all sent mailings not being admin or test mailings.
OpenEMM Maintainer
blazh

Post by blazh »

Thank you for reply, maschoff!

Can you give me some info regarding limiting the number of mailings archived, ie. can I define somewhere that only last 6 months of mailings be kept and older ones deleted?
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

That is up to you. Maybe you need the files to check for complaints from recipients. OpenEMM does not need the data any longer
OpenEMM Maintainer
blazh

Post by blazh »

I see. OK, thanks!