Not much response

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

liongate

Not much response

Post by liongate »

I'm having some installation issues I am unable to figure out. Is there a better place to seek answers to openemm questions? There doesn't seem to be too much activity on this forum. I've not had much luck with stackoverflow either, at least on this issue. Does anybody have any experience installing openemm on a Plesk managed Linux server?

:cry:
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Not much response

Post by maschoff »

You need root access to properly install OpenEMM on a Linux server. I do not know if this is possible with Plesk. Best would be to use shell access. The OpenEMM Install & Admin Guide describes command line installation in detail.
OpenEMM Maintainer
liongate

Post by liongate »

I've been following through the install guide carefully. I can't do the command line installation of the DB but I think I can' work around it. I've created the DB manually and loaded it with the SCHEMA. I think I can figure out how to get it to connect after I get the interface working. Right now the issue that's holding me up is the login issue. I got the index.html page to load but the link for the login is not working. If I try to use www.[mysite].com:8080/logon.jpl I'm getting errors -- I've posted these in another post.
liongate

Post by liongate »

maschoff wrote:You need root access to properly install OpenEMM on a Linux server. I do not know if this is possible with Plesk. Best would be to use shell access. The OpenEMM Install & Admin Guide describes command line installation in detail.
Let me clarify this -- I have root access through SSH and can change to su - or su - openemm. When I try to create the DB at the command line, however, my root password is not recognized by MySql to create the DB. Consequently, I created the DB manually through Plesk and have assigned a username and password that OpenEMM can use.
waleed123

Post by waleed123 »

I have followed the instructions carefully thus far, but I am wondering if I may have made a mistake in unpacking the tarball and forgotten the 'p' in this command: tar xzvpf /tmp/OpenEMM-2013-bin.tar.gz.

What would be the consequences of this if I had omitted it? Should I completely remove the installation and start over, or can I correct this somehow? Is there any way to check to see if I may have done it correctly after all?

Thanks!
Rob
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Quickest way is to simply unpack the tarball again, to copy all files from the old installation you have modified, to the new installation after comparing their file permissions.
OpenEMM Maintainer