EMM 2013 DIFFRENT PORT CONSOLE AND REDIRECTION

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

nmejane

EMM 2013 DIFFRENT PORT CONSOLE AND REDIRECTION

Post by nmejane »

Hello,

For security reason, I want to run console on port 8084 and redirection on port 80. I tried to change in emm.properties and cms.properties files, but It is not working.
I use Openemm 2013 with wmx install.

Thnaks for your help.
siamon

Re: EMM 2013 DIFFRENT PORT CONSOLE AND REDIRECTION

Post by siamon »

we were after an email marketting program that would handle unsubscriptions via a URL and would have built into the url the senders ID, as many other products just send the recipients return email 'Not the one the mail was originally sent to'.
Guaranteed pass real exam with help of up to date Testking dumps, braindumps video tutorials and Pass4sure HP0-J73 braindumps practice tests. For more information about this product see Brescia University and Youtube site.
nmejane

Post by nmejane »

Hello,

I want to run openemm management console on port 8084 (access only inside lan network) and I want to make linktracking url (r.html) be on port 80 (open on internet).

Thanks for your help.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Have you had a look at the OpenEMM Install & Admin Guide?
OpenEMM Maintainer
nmejane

Post by nmejane »

Hello,

Yes, i find this in the installation guide : "8080 (OpenEMM Redirection), 8081 (OpenEMM Console)". This is exacly what I want, but in my installation, the console and the redirection are runinng on port 8080.

I have a vmx installation.

Thanks,
Anton

Post by Anton »

Hi,

I am just today doing my first live production shoots so take this with that in mind...

I have no idea why the help (and so Agnitas) recommends messing with iptables for doing anything. Why not just set up a webserver with host based sites for the redirection server and the console? You can then proxy from port 80 to any port for either site. This give you other advantages like easy security for things like the webservices and the console if you require it without having to mess with your firewall (which you can also use for extra security if you want!).

Anyone setting up OpenEMM should be familiar with at least one web server that can do proxying... Can any modern webservers (or dedicated proxies) NOT do proxying? I completely reject the performance argument here - there are very small footprint proxy servers, especially compared with java so I don't think you'd even see a 1% degradation.

My 2c,
nmejane

Post by nmejane »

Hello,

thanks for your answer.
But in the installation guide it is explain that openemm is running on port 8080 (Redirection only) and 8081 (Console only).
But in my installation, all is running on port 8080.
What I have to do, to separate redirection and web console.

Thanks.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

First sentence of OpenEMM's file README.txt:
Since version 5.5 the login on port 8081 is no longer supported, please use
port 8080 instead.
OpenEMM Maintainer