can't connect to database

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Edgeman

can't connect to database

Post by Edgeman »

I have installed according to the docs, but have been unable to connect to the database.
The database has been created, the data imported, mysql is running, i can connect to it fine using the mysql or mysqladmin commands.
It is also listening in netstat -a:

Code: Select all

# netstat -a |grep sql
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                     *:*                         LISTEN      
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     19717  /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Running Fedora Core 6
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.27, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.0

Here's what I copied out of the openemm logs:
org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Could not instantiate class [org.agnitas.backend.RulerImpl]; constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.agnitas.util.ConfigException: Database setup failed: java.lang.Exception: Error initializing database connection: com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

Did you create an openemm user? Can the openemm user login to the database?
Edgeman

Post by Edgeman »

Yes, and it could connect fine, I never did find out what the problem was. I've since wiped the system clean and tried a second time and it worked the second time around <shrug>
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

It's the trolls that live in your box...
:lol: