Win 7 installation, Tomcat 6 failure, how to run OpenEMM?

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

ceterus

Win 7 installation, Tomcat 6 failure, how to run OpenEMM?

Post by ceterus »

Hello,

I have the new OpenEMM installed on my Win 7 with SQL, Tomcat 6, Python, and the other programs installed according to instructions. Calling the setup in OpenEMM he finds codebase but not Tomcat 6, then I changed the directory, even the files, but the problem remains.

Is there a guide or / and a help for me to get all run? The Tomcat error should be corrected. I also want to know if all I can run from the PC, which is available 24 hours a network or if I need a server on the web.

The professional who can help me to start, and shipping including test / reporting I would be more than grateful, should run the system I pay even money to help. I add, I can switch on a computer, the tool only for 24 hours a day. SQl knowledge and others are available by myself, but the errors exceed. Its important for me to get it work, with little effort. I also have domains, webspace. In the last year I bought much software of all kind, 90% of them didnt work and I must use expensive SUPPORT to get it run onyl a little. Next I only want to spend money when my idea, my tool, my service runs.

Greetings Karsten
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Win 7 installation, Tomcat 6 failure, how to run OpenEMM

Post by maschoff »

Which version of OpenEMM do you use?
OpenEMM Maintainer
ceterus

Post by ceterus »

I dll this one: OpenEMM-2011-win32

I thought it was the latest!? I also hoped to be ready with all within some hours.

Regards, Karsten
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

If OpenEMM does not find your Tomcat installation you can define its path manually in file openemm.py in directory OpenEMM/bin via property "tomcathome". If set to "None" OpenEMM will try to find Tomcat on its own.

If this does not help have a look at bugfix #6 here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openem ... /Bugfixes/
OpenEMM Maintainer