Upgrading from 2011 to 2012?

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

jim_frey

Upgrading from 2011 to 2012?

Post by jim_frey »

First I would like to thank AGNITAS for OpenEMM. I have been using OpenEMM for about 6 years now, it has been a major tool in the success of http://www.carguygarage.com which is a Yahoo store I have grown from a one man show into a family business now with 6 people on staff. Thank you.

Over the years, I have built an application in Perl that interacts with the Yahoo Store platform via many of the API's that Yahoo has granted me access to -
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb ... /api/docs/
The application allows my staff to do everything they need to do without directly accessing the Yahoo Store, and with the code doing much of the work for them, giving us a major competitive advantage allowing my small staff to do the work of many more people.

At this point, I would like to integrate OpenEMM into the application I built, and the Yahoo Store, and I'm excited to see the continued development of the OpenEMM Webservice API. I can't wait to be able to automatically set up mailings based on what customers have purchased in the past and when they have last made a purchase. The automated possibilities are endless!

I am currently using OpenEMM 2011 and in clicking the "update" in the GUI, I am told that I am using the most current version. But I see there is a OpenEMM 2012 version, and it appears that the Webservices 2.0 only works in the 2012 version. I see that I can download the 2012 version from SourceForge, but I'm curious why it is still in beta? Is it not stable enough to use in a production environment? If it is stable enough for use, is there an easy way to upgrade from 2011 to 2012 as in the click on the GUI?

Thanks again for an awesome application! :D
OpenEMM Moderator
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading from 2011 to 2012?

Post by maschoff »

Jim, as soon as a stable version of 2012 is available you will be notified by a message in the login box and you will be able to upgrade using the online update feature.
OpenEMM Maintainer
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

Cool, thanks - any idea of when it might be ready so I can figure it into my project plans? I'd love to use those new API's for the Christmas season...
OpenEMM Moderator
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

I will post an update of the roadmap on the OpenEMM website next week. We will probably skip alpha releases and start with beta (feature complete + tested) right away.
OpenEMM Maintainer
jim_frey

Post by jim_frey »

You rule! Thank you! :D
OpenEMM Moderator
Gurley

Post by Gurley »

Thanks for the great news.