Install OpenEMM on webserver

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

gaelson

Install OpenEMM on webserver

Post by gaelson »

Hello,
I wonder how I can install OpenEMM on a hosting server online? This is a shared server and not a VPS.
Thank you
unhuman

Re: Install OpenEMM on webserver

Post by unhuman »

As long as you have access to create your special user (openemm), a tomcat server, mysql, it should be something you can make work. You will also need to be able to run python and be able to use sendmail.

There might be other people here, but if you're sending out lots of mail, you'll want a dedicated server.
gaelson

Post by gaelson »

All these application were installed in my hosting server. How can I install the openEMM on it? Which kind of application can I install? Will I upload all files on tar.tz to the server? show me please
unhuman

Post by unhuman »

You need to understand how OpenEMM works yourself - I don't know anything about your provider nor what they permit. You need to understand your hosting agreement and how to work with the OpenEMM server outside the scope of your hosting company and then see if it will work.

Sadly, nobody here is going to walk you through your installation - there are tons of documents available for you to read to cover that.