A General error occurred

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

lgnch

Re: A General error occurred

Post by lgnch »

Nice. Glad it was found. See, I only ask the hard questions LOL.

OK So to make the clients happy when will 2012 be released? and is there a workaround I can use?

If no workaround please say and I will get them to use the phpmyadmin to edit the data until the 21012 release.

Also when you say limit to a maximum I assume you mean maximum query not a maximum database size. I would think that the sql query could help in this

SELECT*
FROM`customer_1_tbl`
LIMIT 0 , 30

this way the database can be huge and viewable as done in phpmyadmin with pages.

Glad I could help improve in a roundabout way lol.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

There is no easy workaround. For release dates see roadmap at http://www.openemm.org/servicemenu/roadmap.html
OpenEMM Maintainer
lgnch

Post by lgnch »

Ok, ill look into writing a custom script for now. And get them to use PHPadmin as a workaround.

Thanks for the info. You may want to adjust the roadmap as the last two lines say april and may 2011 :)

Thanks for the help it has resolved my question and was worth staying up all night till 6am in the morning for :)

Have a great evening.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

2012, sure, thanks!
OpenEMM Maintainer
lgnch

Post by lgnch »

Hey you are going to love this after all our discussion. I have the thing fully working now and it turns out it was an issue with the /tmp directory being set too small. Found this by mistake the otherday when doing an import. We had 500mb set by teh installer. I changed it to 40GB and teh recipient overview page now works with no issues.

It may be worth stating in the install doc to make sure that the tmp allocation in fstab is set to a minimum 5GB for databases upto 10million records and increased by 5GB per 10million records. I would say 40GB for everyone is a good setting :)

Thanks for all your help though, and I hope this helps someone else with the issue.