Building -

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

unhuman

Building -

Post by unhuman »

I've successfully made the build work with the openemm_build.xml file. I noticed some anomalies and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas...

I'm also looking for someone who's successfully created a working project in Eclipse to share...

Anyhow, what I've noticed:

I needed sendmail-devel.

It seems odd that one needs to link java in /opt/openemm instead of just using the system default.

If I explode the tarball and go into OpenEMM-2011-src and issue the build command: "ant -f openemm_build.xml build" it fails - because part of the build process appears to re-explode itself the tarball (and the JARs), thus rendering the directory I'm in deprecated - and I get an error:
java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.

If I drop back a directory and then issue the command like this: "ant -f OpenEMM-2011-src/openemm_build.xml build" it, of course, works.

On Windows, I've been unable to successfully create a build. The build.xml file seems to delete the OpenEMM source directory and then does not re-explode the tarball as it does on Linux.

I've been unable to find any documentation on the proper way to build and pieced it together, so, any experiences anyone could share would be most helpful to ensure I'm following a valid process.

Thank you!

-H

BTW - I found this post:
https://forum.openemm.org/development-f ... html#p5992
which seems to say how to get it working in Eclipse....
1. when importing the java, I think I needed to right click the "src" in the project and do the import. Then navigate and select "org" from within "java". Check Create top-level folder
2. Duplicate the above selecting conf. Create top-level folder
3. When I imported Web-Content, I did the save as above (selected jsp), but I did *NOT* create top-level folder, so that the JSPs are right under web content.
unhuman

Re: Building -

Post by unhuman »

Java seems fine... I get a lot of errors in the JSPs and one in the Javascript as follows:

EDIT: Looks like Eclipse's Java and Javascript validators are buggy. Removed most of the errors I had originally posted.

This is a bug:
Start tag (<span>) not closed properly, expected >. empfaenger-uebersicht.htm /OpenEMM/WebContent/help_en line 71 HTML Problem
Last edited by unhuman on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unhuman

Re: Building -

Post by unhuman »

Edit - I set up my Tomcat to enable remote debugging and Eclipse to attach. I'd certainly prefer to be able to run the server from within Eclipse, but this will get me by....