Installation of OpenEMM 6.2 Vs OpenEMM 2011

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

mokarram

Installation of OpenEMM 6.2 Vs OpenEMM 2011

Post by mokarram »

Good evening,

I have spent a good 40 hours this week installing and evaluating openemm and the best platform to run. So far the best choice of OS for me has been Centos 6.2 (After I tried Ubuntu/Fedora/Windows) to run the system on. My problem is that I found that OpenEMM 6.2 was much more stable to install and configure. I installed Tomcat 6 on one installation and 7 on another just to be sure that the newer version was not a problem and found that all worked untill I copied the OpenEMM 2011 files and ran the start up. Things like:

java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080

I checked for another instance of Tomcat or even resin, but nothing.... I am running localhost and made the changes to Mysql and checked emm.properties and cms.properties and its all good to go.

I can install OpenEMM 6.2 on the same machine without any major problems (in about 30 minutes) - I am really frustrated about why I have spent over 20 hours just trying to get OpenEMM 2011 without any progress.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Installation of OpenEMM 6.2 Vs OpenEMM 2011

Post by maschoff »

The error message says that another service is already using port 8080. You probably tried to run Resin and Tomcat at the same time.
OpenEMM Maintainer
mokarram

Re: Installation of OpenEMM 6.2 Vs OpenEMM 2011

Post by mokarram »

I am a very happy man tonight :)

I managed to install OpenEMM 2011 on Centos 6.2 after a good few tries!

The trick in installing (at least the web interface) was the following - I went through all of the steps as outlined in the 2011 install guide (english) but instead of installing tomcat when i was supposed i decided to be a bad boy and didnt listen. I did the OpenEMM installation THEN downloaded 6.0.35 and installed/configured it. This time EUREEEKAAAA

OK, but I am far from the end. Please let me know if there is a way of telling OpeneEMM and/or SENDMAIL that I just want to use another machine as mailer with authetification and port 26 to send. Could I do this with 2011?

Thanks in advance.