Win XP Install last step issue

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

bits

Win XP Install last step issue

Post by bits »

hi all and thanks in advance.

I have a windows XP install as a test and dev machine at present.

all appears to be installed normally and all steps have been followed however when i go to the web address localhost, IP address or machine name on port 8080 (http://localhost:8080 i just get the Tomcat management screen. I don't normally use tomcat, python etc so any help is greatly appreciated. What have i missed?

Looks like a great product - really looking forward to getting it into production.

Cheers

Bits
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Win XP Install last step issue

Post by maschoff »

Please post the path of your OpenEMM installation and Tomcat installation.
OpenEMM Maintainer
timr

Post by timr »

I'm having the exact same Windows issue. My install paths are C:\OpenEMM and C:\Program\Apache Software Installation\Tomcat 6.0. If I start the Tomcat service and then run start.bat, I get the Tomcat Welcome Screen when I go to localhost:8080. If Tomcat is stopped and I run start.bat, I get Page not found when I go to localhost:8080. Also regardless if Tomcat is started or stopped, I only get one command window when I run start.bat (install guide refers to 2 command windows). I've been using OpenEMM for over a year (last version 6.2) with no problems and it's a great product so I'm sure this is a Tomcat configuration issue.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM can not find your Tomcat installation. But you enter the path manually in the header of file openemm.py (see line 148 in WinInstallGuide file).
OpenEMM Maintainer
bits

Post by bits »

Hi,

My file locations were the same, C:\openemm and C:\Program\Apache Software Installation\Tomcat 6.0

i resolved mine by copying the contents of the C:\OpenEMM\webapps\openemm folder to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT and resterted the services. I actually renamed the oot folder and created a new one.

I did need to also change the file mentioned above, there is a section in there that refers to the tomcat install location. mine said tomcathome = None, a couple of lines above that was the line tomcathome = 'C:\Programs\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat\6.0' which was commented out. I just changed the comment status on each line and all was fine.

I a now able to login and work on the system without issues or errors, however i can't send any mails at present...... Next! :?
CPWork

Post by CPWork »

bits ,I'm having problems sending emails, did you resolve your issue? What was it?
JanM

Post by JanM »

Hi bits and CPWork,

I also copied the contents of OpenEMM to tomcat, but I can't send emails as well. Although the system doesn't show any errors, an email is never received.

Cheers,
Jan
pinkeeeel

Post by pinkeeeel »

hi, i encountered the sample problems. And i copied and pasted the files as bit mentioned. and i can send mails, but none of the recipient got the mail.

anyone solved the problem? urgently in need of this great tool. thanks a lot! :wink: