Exception occurred processing JSP page for New Mailing

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

vissersj

Exception occurred processing JSP page for New Mailing

Post by vissersj »

Hello,

I've installed OpenEMM 2011 succesfully on Centos 5.5, but after login I get this error when I click New Mailing > Normal:

An error occurred
Cause: javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in 'mailing/mailing-view-base.jsp': An exception occurred processing JSP page /mailing/media/email.jsp at line 122 119:
120:
121:
122: 123:
:
124: 125:
Stacktrace:

The same happens when I click on Templates > en_template or de_template.

Any help will be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Sjors
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Exception occurred processing JSP page for New Mailing

Post by maschoff »

I can not reproduce it right now but as a quick fix please make a backup copy of file email.jsp in directory /home/openemm/webapps/openemm/mailing/media and remove lines

Code: Select all

<div class="emailbox_dynamic_content">
    <% if (!(CmsUtils.isCmsMailing(aForm.getMailingID(), aForm.getWebApplicationContext()) && aForm.getMailingID() != 0)) {%>
    <h3><bean:message key="mailing.Text_Version"/>:</h3>

<div>
at about line 122 from the original file. You do not have to restart OpenEMM. Does it work now?
OpenEMM Maintainer
vissersj

Post by vissersj »

Thanks for your reply. After erasing the lines in email.jsp, I got a new error message referring to the openemm_cms. I've checked the openemm_cms and it was not properly filled. I filled the database again and placed back the initial email.jsp and everything is working fine now!

Thanks for your help and topic closed.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

:-)
OpenEMM Maintainer
peipei

Post by peipei »

Hi,

Could y tell me which page need to modified ?
grandstream

Post by grandstream »

I get the exact same error on a fresh set up , I don't know where the problem resides .

I am going to remove the following line.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException

in 'cms/cmt/cms-cmt-list.jsp'

and see if this fixes the problem.

If you want to replicate, just do a fresh set up, login as admin:openemm , click content manager.

And scratch your head in confusion !

I will post results ASAP .

WAIT may be another problem , ignore the above message.
lori157

Post by lori157 »

Don't understand anything!!! :shock:
Have you got any solution?
smatz

Post by smatz »

I am also receiving error message

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in 'mailing/mailing-view-base.jsp': org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to load class for JSP"

This is on OpenEMM-2011 running on a Debian server. The system was running perfectly until OpenEMM was restarted, at which point this error displays when trying to edit a template or send a new mailing. Any help would be appreciated!
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Looks like Tomcat was not able to compile a certain JSP into a class file. Did you modify the JSP file? If so, does it compile? If not, please compare with a fresh installation to make sure the file is not corrupt.
OpenEMM Maintainer
smatz

Post by smatz »

maschoff wrote:Looks like Tomcat was not able to compile a certain JSP into a class file. Did you modify the JSP file? If so, does it compile? If not, please compare with a fresh installation to make sure the file is not corrupt.
I don't know where my head was at... comparing to a fresh install is Troubleshooting 101 but I completely skipped that step :oops:. I'm back online again. Thanks for the prompt reply!