Not sure about the installation process

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

wordman

Not sure about the installation process

Post by wordman »

Hello All,

I found OpenEMM during a search for email/newsletter software to install on a client's website that I host. I looked at a lot of them, and was quite impressed with what OpenEmm had to offer. I downloaded the files right away, but have not yet jumped in to the installation part.

The documentation for OpenEMM seems to be quite thorough and well-written, though I think it may be geared to someone whose experience level is a bit higher than mine. I have basic Linux skills and have installed software such as Adobe Flash Media Server on my server with success (at the time, that task appeared daunting as well). I read the installation wiki and although it made some sense to me, I was left uncertain about a number of areas.

My server is running on CentOS release 5.5 (Final), Apache 2.23, MySql 5.1.52, PHP 5.2.14. I believe OpenEMM will function on my server, if there is anything I should check first, please let me know.

In spite of the potentially daunting installation, I really want to try OpenEMM. I realize I'm being a bit general when I say the instructions may be somewhat over my head, but there are a number of areas that I am uncertain as to whether I understand them or not. Any and all help, advice and suggestions provided will be sincerely appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

wordman