sles 10 (x86) installation fails - xmlback problems

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

macdev3

sles 10 (x86) installation fails - xmlback problems

Post by macdev3 »

After following the installguide for suse Openemm version 6.0.1 starts with floating point errors, I can connect to the gui but no mails are sent.
After googeling an checking the forum I am still no step further.

Startup looks like this:

Code: Select all

/home/openemm/bin/OpenEMM.sh start
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/bav-update.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/bav-trigger.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/bavd.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/bav -L INFO .. done.
Start python /home/openemm/bin/scripts/recovery.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/update.py bounce account .. done.
/home/openemm/bin/pickdist.sh: line 28:  1637 Floating point exceptionxmlback -D >$dtd
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/pickdist.py .. done.
Stopping obsolete sendmail processes:  /home/openemm/bin/mailer.sh: line 33:  1669 Floating point exception$BASE/bin/smctrl stop
 done.
Starting sendmails:   listener /home/openemm/bin/mailer.sh: line 33:  1670 Floating point exception$sm -q5m -bd
 client queue clientmqueue /home/openemm/bin/mailer.sh: line 51:  1671 Floating point exception$sm -q5m -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/$cq -OPidFile=$run/sendmail-${cq}.pid
 admin queue /home/openemm/bin/mailer.sh: line 33:  1672 Floating point exception$sm -q1m -NNEVER -OQueueDirectory=$BASE/var/spool/ADMIN -OPidFile=$run/sendmail-openemm-admin.pid
 mail queue /home/openemm/bin/mailer.sh: line 33:  1673 Floating point exception$sm -q1m -NNEVER -OQueueDirectory=$BASE/var/spool/QUEUE -OPidFile=$run/sendmail-openemm-queue.pid
 done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/slrtscn.py .. done.
I checked if building from source would solve the problem but building xmlback fails:

Code: Select all

c/xmlback# make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/OpenEMM-6.0.1-src/src/c/lib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenEMM-6.0.1-src/src/c/lib'
make -C grammar all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/OpenEMM-6.0.1-src/src/c/xmlback/grammar'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/OpenEMM-6.0.1-src/src/c/xmlback/grammar'
gcc -I. -I../lib -I/root/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/slang   -c -o eval.o eval.c
eval.c: In function ‘check_error’:
eval.c:191: error: ‘SLang_Error’ undeclared (first use in this function)
eval.c:191: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
eval.c:191: error: for each function it appears in.)
eval.c: In function ‘type_retreive’:
eval.c:237: error: ‘SLang_Error’ undeclared (first use in this function)
eval.c:254: error: too many arguments to function ‘SLang_pop_double’
eval.c: In function ‘SLdate_setup’:
eval.c:483: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘SLclass_set_string_function’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c:484: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘SLclass_set_destroy_function’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c:485: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘SLclass_set_push_function’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c:488: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘SLclass_add_binary_op’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c:488: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘SLclass_add_binary_op’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c:489: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘SLclass_add_binary_op’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c:489: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘SLclass_add_binary_op’ from incompatible pointer type
eval.c: In function ‘SLin’:
eval.c:809: error: ‘SLang_Error’ undeclared (first use in this function)
eval.c:848: error: too many arguments to function ‘SLang_pop_double’
eval.c: In function ‘SLbetween’:
eval.c:908: error: ‘SLang_Error’ undeclared (first use in this function)
eval.c: In function ‘SLdecode’:
eval.c:952: error: ‘SLang_Error’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [eval.o] Error 1
I did check on dependencies an versions but everything I found in the supportforum according to this seems to be okay.
python is version 2.4.2 , libxml2(-devel/-python) 2.6, slang(-devel) 2.0.5, glibc 2.4 what else could be missing?

What else could be wrong? Even tried to use the xmlback from the Openemm 6.1 binaries
Is Suse no longer a supported plattform?
profondino

Re: sles 10 (x86) installation fails - xmlback problems

Post by profondino »

Same problem happened to me after upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2. First i thought this would be a problem of the automated update process and thus installed OpenEMM-6.2 manually. But the problem is still there. Surely there is a very simple reason which is easily to solve, but only i don't have any idea :?

any help?
penpen77

Post by penpen77 »

I had the same probs. I've tried to build xmlback, smctrl (which didn't work, floating point exception de la mort partout) and SLang_Error undeclared and other things append.

I'm on gentoo, and i noticed the slang lib was 2.1.x, so i've unmerged it, took the 'OLD' one in src's contrib folder (slang 1.4.9), and some "configure,make,make install" later, the building of xmlback and smctrl worked !! (youhouuuuu, cool raoul, tranquille le chat, pepere la mouette)

So:
- unmerge/unistall your uptodate slang lib if > 2.x
- build the old one (1.4.9) in contrib folder and make install
- build lib/tool/bav/xmlback/etc...

Soooory for the very bad english, but i'm banging my head on wall since this morning on this....
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Just for info: We build the binary tarball of OpenEMM out of the source tarball with Ant script openemm_build.xml ourselves. So, everything you need is included in the source tarball. We use a plain-vanilla CentOS 5.5 (= RedHat 5.5). If you need info on the version of tools like gcc (4.1.2) or libraries like glibc (2.5) just ask.
OpenEMM Maintainer
Daniell

Post by Daniell »

maschoff wrote:Just for info: We build the binary tarball of OpenEMM out of the source tarball with Ant script openemm_build.xml ourselves. So, everything you need is included in the source tarball. We use a plain-vanilla CentOS 5.5 (= RedHat 5.5). If you need info on the version of tools like gcc (4.1.2) or libraries like glibc (2.5) just ask.
Cool. Thanks for letting know! Will try it ASAP.