Startup Errors on Ubuntu Karmic x64

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

schilders

Startup Errors on Ubuntu Karmic x64

Post by schilders »

Good Evening,
I've completed the installation steps and executed OpenEMM.sh start then OpenEMM.sh stop. However, I receive a number of error messages on OpenEMM.sh start that I do not know how to resolve. They are:
1. /home/openemm/bin/pickdist.sh xmlback: not found
2. Referring to /home/openemm/bin/scripts/smenable.py module object has no attribute 'DBase'
3. /home/openemm/bin/smctrl not found

Finally, after executing OpenEMM.sh start, I receive a 404 error when I browse http://www.mydomain.com:8080 despite adding port 8080 to iptables.

Can someone share how you might have resolved these on your x64 Ubuntu Karmic system?

Thanks,
Sid
schilders

Post by schilders »

I should also note that I installed ia32-sun-java6-bin and the Java 6 JDK but this issue still persists. Thanks much for your help and guidance.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Did you install the 32bit compatibility RPMs? You should search this forum for "64bit" to find answers.
OpenEMM Maintainer
schilders

Post by schilders »

Yes, I installed ia32-sun-java6-bin and now I start OpenEMM from console without errors. However, when I go to http://mydomain.com:8080 and click the link to login, I receive this error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.); nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)

I saw a previous post about updating to the most current JDK, but I've already done so. How have others remedied this error?

Thanks,
Sid
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM cannot connect to MySQL. Maybe the Python-MySQL bridge is not installed?
OpenEMM Maintainer
schilders

Post by schilders »

I already installed python-mysqldb. Is there another similar package that is needed?
monaldofunk

Re: Startup Errors on Ubuntu Karmic x64

Post by monaldofunk »

What is the exact version of mysql and python required in order to avoid problems with MySQLdb?

Thank you very much

Aldo