Database Connectivity after Installation

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

DougICG

Database Connectivity after Installation

Post by DougICG »

Ok, so I got OpenEMM installed and working with Resin. I go to the website and it works. I click on the link to login and....

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'agnitas'@'localhost' to database 'openemm'); nested exception is org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'agnitas'@'localhost' to database 'openemm')

I have kept username and password as default. I double checked the password in cms.properties and reset mySQL to be sure. BUT, I cannot find any DB install directions and cannot seem to get it to connect. Any help would be appreciated!
mmenke

Post by mmenke »

Seems like MySQL does not have the rights to access the db. try this:

Code: Select all

mysql -u root -p
GRANT DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE, LOCK TABLES, SELECT, ALTER, INDEX, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, DROP, CREATE ON openemm.* TO 'agnitas'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'openemm'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Does this help?
DougICG

May be a database anme

Post by DougICG »

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and still have the same problem. I do notice in the error the database name seems to be openemm. However, the db name is (at least in my install) openemm_cms. Maybe this is the problem?

If so, I cannot figure out where to change it - I looked in cms.properties but that is not it...
mmenke

Post by mmenke »

Is "openemm_cms" the only OpenEMM database you have?

As of OpenEMM 6.x, this is an additional database to the "openemm" db. You need the openemm db in order for OpenEMM to work!

I think if you import that one again, your problems will be solved.

You find the needed sql-file here:

/home/openemm/USR_SHARE/openemm-6.0.1.sql
DougICG

Post by DougICG »

It worked! Note for others:
the shared directory was not the one under home/opnemm. There is a /usr/share/docs/OpenEMM directory with the script.

Thanks for the help!