Installation so that mysql database on server, not localhost

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

highwaykind

Installation so that mysql database on server, not localhost

Post by highwaykind »

newbie alert.

I downloaded all required software and with the help of the how to install this on windows.txt after 2 hours and some permission adjustments in Vista, I can get access to the localhost page and I can login to the OpenEMM control panel. *yay, victory!*

But it's not really working like I hoped it would yet.

Is it possible to set this up so that I can upload OpenEmm to the server,and use a mySQL database that I created on the server?
And could someone point me to a 'how to' for this??
(vista, mozilla, access to domain through plesk control panel and ftp)

(I'm assuming for a mailinglist to work the server the mail is sent through is always on, my localhost is just my normal PC, which is off at night.
I thought openemm would be a little like Joomla where you can just point the software to the database on the server, and then manage the settings 'online' through domain.com/openemm/ or something??? )

Thanks!!
pheelix

Post by pheelix »

openemm is meant to be installed on a server instead of a local machine.

so, i dont know whether you can use plesk to install it, but you should use putty for example, to connect to your server via ssh and get a shell where you can setup openemm.

after you finished it successfully, you can reach your openemm installation on your server via a browser depending on your resin-configuration as you want it.

but the hardest part for you will be the installation.
highwaykind

Post by highwaykind »

Thanks for the answer! I switched to PHP List though, which was much easier to set up and works like a charm ! (and can be installed from a regular PC).
Problem solved :)