Internal MTA: Limit max. e-mails sent per hour, minute, etc.

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

Effenberg0x0

Internal MTA: Limit max. e-mails sent per hour, minute, etc.

Post by Effenberg0x0 »

Hello, I have been testing with OpenEMM for a couple days now (amazing software, congrats).

I am using the internal MTA (and smart-relay - corporate ISP SMTP). It works perfectly.

However, I am looking for a way to limit the number of e-mails sent per minute, hour, etc when I trigger a mailing.

Is there some place I can define a set of rules that would let me do something like "ok, the list has 100 recipients but OpenEMM will send 5 e-mails per minute at most, wait for 5 minutes and then start again"? I need to find a way to relieve the stress over the external SMTP. Other users (running OpenEMM) are using it.

Thanks,
Effenberg
Brandon

Re: Internal MTA: Limit max. e-mails sent per hour, minute,

Post by Brandon »

Would some one care to answer this question? I am having the same problem... Seems as though it takes hours and hours to send a list of about 20k emails...

I have a xeon processor, 2 gigs RAM server that I lease at softlayer.com. Its has a 10m uplink... ? Whats the problem?

At home, I have a cable modem and OpenEMM 6.x... It runs fine and sends a list of 10k pretty quickly.. I know Im not having bandwidth issues from the server, I can xfer files back and forth with east. I dont know what the problem is, but it seems I have a 1k emails per hour limit some how?