Running openEMM on Windows 2003 after logging out

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

cpw

Running openEMM on Windows 2003 after logging out

Post by cpw »

Hello,

I have a problem with a Windows 2003 Root-Server:

The installation itself workes fine - after launching openEMM by starting start.bat at a RDP-Session, Resin starts, the server responds on port 8080, sends mail etc.

The problem is: When I log out and close the RDP-Session, Resin stops and openEMM isn't running anymore...

First thing I tried was setting up a planned task which is executing the start.bat at system startup with Administrator rights. Windows reports the task to be started, however Resin isn't running and the server doesn't respond on port 8080.

After that I tried setting up a service with inststrv.exe and srvany.exe from the Resource Kit - I followed this guide:

http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... ndows.html

and tried to run start.bat.
Windows reports the service to be started correctly, but nothing else happens - Resin isn't running, the server does not respond on port 8080.

Can anybody help an tell me how I can start openEMM and keep it running without leaving a RDP-session open all the time?

Regards,
Christian
pingyang

Re: Running openEMM on Windows 2003 after logging out

Post by pingyang »

Hi,
Not sure if this problem is being solved, but anyway, here's my solution:
You can try to point the Srvany.exe to run the python.exe and openemm.py which is located inside the bin folder instead of start.bat. Other than that, you can try creating another batch file to run the mentioned 2 files and point the Srvany.exe to the newly created batch file instead. Or simply, you can just modify your start.bat to add in the path to the python.exe.

Example of the content of the batch file:
C:\Python25\python c:\OpenEMM\bin\openemm.py

Regards,
Ping Yang