Initial Login

Use this forum for questions regarding installation, upgrading and configuration of OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

lriiopen

Initial Login

Post by lriiopen »

I am new to Openemm. Installed OpenEMM 5.5.1 on linux (Fedora 10) w/ Java jdk 6 update 11. Install went smoothly. Mysql and openemm started fine. However, Openemm would not accept admin & openemm as username & password. I could find no posts regarding this issue but did find a couple regarding lost passwords. I used that post to reset the default password and set the password to something different. Neither worked. What would be blocking me from logging in?

Next Question: Fedora 10 does not store firewall infomation in iptables. In iptables, the a comment states that firewall info is contained in the system-config-firewall file. I added the port information as written in that file. Will this cause a problem when attempting to send emails?

Any help is great appreciated.

Bob
sreyas_in

Re: Initial Login

Post by sreyas_in »

I am facing the same issue as well. Installed openemm 2011 on Ubuntu 10.10. The openemm installation went through smoothly but it does not accept the username/password combination of admin and openemm as mentioned in the user guide. Please let me know if you have found a fix to this problem as yet. Thanks.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

Any hints in the log?
OpenEMM Maintainer
dzango

Post by dzango »

For anyone else facing this error. This happens if you create the openemm-cms database, but forget to create the second openemm database. The cms exists, but because it can't read the username and password it throws a general error.