Can OEMM send 300,000 mails or more daily ?

Use this forum for all other questions regarding OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

mehargags

Can OEMM send 300,000 mails or more daily ?

Post by mehargags »

Hi all,

In my research for a big client, I've been recommended to see OpenEMM as a self hosted solution. I'm fairly experienced windows and Linux Sysadmin, but not have much experience in bulk Email Marketing. I do thoroughly know the Deliverablity and other management and the usual setup stuff like rDNS/SPF/DKIM etc.

Using ESP is out of budget, so I'm trying to make my own solution... (I know its tough but I'm on it). The 1.5 Million subscriber's Mailing list is verified and thorough. I want proper tracking of Delivery, inboxing, open and click monitoring. I'd be sending between 3M to 5M mails a month, and there are couple of thousand transactional mails as well.

I'm looking at some commercial solutions like PowerMTA and Green Arrow but their prices are exorbitant.

Can the elders here suggest if I'll be able to send @ a rate of 15 to 20,000 mails per hour speed from OpenEMM ?

Any other suggestions and pointers are appreciated.

Many thanks...
maschoff
Site Admin

Re: Can OEMM send 300,000 mails or more daily ?

Post by maschoff »

Depends on the power of your server and the reputation of the IP address you use. The biggest installation we know of has a total of 3.5 mio. subscribers and the biggest list holds 1.5 mio. recipients. But it could be that they tweaked the installation and scaled out to more than one server.
OpenEMM Maintainer
mehargags

Post by mehargags »

so you also "know" the hardware and tuning features they made ?

I'm open to pay up for commercial support on this...! I understand its a lot of work that needs curing and maturing over the time.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

No, unfortunately, we do not know. Maybe someone else here in the forum can provide some insights.
OpenEMM Maintainer