What's maillog file used for?

Use this forum for all other questions regarding OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

lesstra

What's maillog file used for?

Post by lesstra »

Hi there,

I have a bit of a problem with maillog file, since it grows rapidly, and the partition for 'var' on this Debian distro (squeeze 6.something, I think) is predicted to be less than 3GB.
I was wondering what exact data OpenEMM pulls from this file, since it is needed to grant read access during installation to this file? Is it used for statistics or something else?
I'm also asking this because I'm in need to periodically empty this file, because the partition becomes full, and then the app blocks, database blocks, everything fails...
Some advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
ud

Re: What's maillog file used for?

Post by ud »

The sendmail logfile is read to collect bounce information which are occurring during sending.

To avoid an overrun of the disk space, ask your system administrator to install a proper logfile handling system (e.g. lograotate.)

-- ud
lesstra

Post by lesstra »

Thanks for the reply. I have logrotate running, it maintains syslog, mail.info, mail.err mail.log, etc. But since the file in question is maillog (not mail.log), it was missing form logrotate config. I added it, so I'll see what happens.
maliha

Post by maliha »

how can display a list of people who have open email?
thanks !
We offer C4090-958 dumps basic tutorials for web design learners. Join EXIN course to pass The Johns Hopkins University exam and become expert using certified resources. Good luck.
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

You can define a default action for openers in tab "trackable links" and let the action set (or increase) the value of a profile field.
OpenEMM Maintainer