User Security and Workflow/Scheduling

Use this forum for all other questions regarding OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

smueller72

User Security and Workflow/Scheduling

Post by smueller72 »

Hi all - I just recently came across OpenEMM and I like what I see on the 'surface'. However, before going through the process of downloading, installing, testing I want to be certain that our most basic security and workflow needs can be accomodated by OpenEMM. Specifically, related to security - can users be setup as individuals and/or in groups and only be able to create/view/edit their individual or group mailings based upon their security? Related to workflow and scheduling - can a campaign be configured to send multiple(and different) mailings on specific dates or a specific number of days from the first mailing date?

eg.

mailing 1/message 1 sent on day 0
mailing 2/message 2 sent on day 0 + 5
mailing 3/message 3 sent on day 0 + 10
if no response to mailings 1-3
mailing 4/goodbye message sent on day 0 + 14

Hope this all makes sense and thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.
maschoff
Site Admin

Yes you can do

Post by maschoff »

3 times Yes:

- users can be defined with individual permission (but no groups)

- mailings can be configured for delivery at dates up to 30 days in advance

- to define a specific number of days between mailings (subcriber dependent), these mailings should be defined as "date based mailings" and triggered by an action which compares the current system date ("sysdate") with the campaign launch date (for very user). Therefore, you need a database field like "launchdate" in the subcriber profile.

How to find out, if a subscriber clicked or not is described here:
http://www.openemm.org/forums/ftopic114.html

Define a target group for clickcount = 0 which you can send to the goodbye message.
OpenEMM Maintainer