OpenEMM and Dimdim

Use this forum for all other questions regarding OpenEMM

Moderator: moderator

mustafar

OpenEMM and Dimdim

Post by mustafar »

Hello,

I am new to OpenEMM and dimdim. I have to install and configure OpenEMM and Dimdim on a single server.

I have studied and found that Dimdim uses tomcat as its backend and OpenEMM also uses tomcat as its backend.

Is there any collapse of it or will it creates any kind of problem?

Please help me in installing and guide me if anyone has similar experiance.

Thanks,
Ashraf
maschoff
Site Admin

Post by maschoff »

OpenEMM uses not Tomcat but Resin as web container by default. It is not possible to operate both web containers in parallel. However, OpenEMM also works with Tomcat. A modified web.xml is posted in this thread:

http://www.openemm.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58
OpenEMM Maintainer
mustafar

Post by mustafar »

Thanks for support.

Now I have installed OpenEMM and it is working fine. But mails are not working as on the server Exim mail server is installed and working and OpenEMM works with sendmail.

I have disabled sendmail using sendmail-disable.sh script. In the installation guide I found following -

"When not using Sendmail you can define a smart mailer via file /home/openemm/conf/smart-relay with the syntax - <username>:<password>@<smart-relay-domainname>"

But there is not file named smart-relay in the conf folder. I want to use my gmail id to use. Please help me how can I use this file and what exactly do I have to write in the file? And do I have to create that file or is available to download?

Thanks,
Ashraf